“This Christmas shopping season will be different than in previous years. However, it will be more important than ever for people to get together and share gifts with their loved ones.” Facebook.
The e-commerce bet for Christmas
1. Holiday Shopping Perspective
The 2020 Holiday Season will definitely and for the most part be virtual and will start much earlier this year due to circumstances.
Due to the significant increase in the number of online orders, longer than usual delivery times are to be expected.
That’s why, according to Canada Post, 54% of Canadians plan to start shopping as early as October, while in 2019, the peak shopping period was November 11, 2019 to January 12, 2020.
Thus, just like the Black Friday, the peak period seems to stretch out in time to start earlier. Everyone wants to make sure their gifts will be at the foot of the tree on time.
2. The Local Trend
Buying local, which is mainly more pronounced in Quebec, is one of the 10 consumption trends, with 71 % declaring this year that they want to consume more local products. A significant competitive advantage for you Quebec merchants!
Play on the Made in Quebec sensibility, the proximity of your brand, a more responsible consumption will help reassure your customers by establishing a social benchmark.
3. 5 Reasons to Start Your Holiday Marketing Campaign Today
- Anticipate to reach potential customers before they make purchasing decisions
- Anticipate to save time against your competitors
- Anticipate to manage the influx of orders
- Anticipate for inventory management and returns for a simple and fast service
- Anticipate to prevent logistics
Prepare in advance your best marketing strategies to boost your Christmas sales and achieve your best turnover.
And for retailers who are new to e-business, don’t panic, we give you all our tips to make your very first Christmas online a success.
So, are you ready to make great sales this holiday season?
Our Marketing tips to get the most out of Christmas spending
1. Prepare an attractive Christmas e-commerce showcase
Reload your online store Panierdachat on the theme of the holiday season while remaining in phase and consistent with your brand identity.
Create a festive and enchanting decoration to immerse your customer in the Christmas spirit at first glance.
Here are some of our ideas :
- Offer a true online experience by creating a customer journey with a special Christmas collection, gift ideas and calls to action.
- Include offers on your home page
- Showcase your products
- Why not make a Christmas logo like Google does?
- Use Canva to create visuals quickly and easily
Here are a few recommendations :
- Avoid overloading your shop window with too many visuals and information.
- Choose a sober dressing
2. Offer product boxes
Creating sets of products by grouping them in discounted lots will increase the value of the average shopping cart on your online store Panierdachat.
Here are some of our ideas:
- The selection for him / her
- Gifts under $25, $50 or $100
Here are a few recommendations:
- Create your batches by mixing your Best Seller products and those that work less well (use the Panierdachat sales reporting feature to do this)
3. Propose similar, complementary or additional sales.
The Merchandising of our online platform Panierdachat is done in such a way that it suggests product recommendations, a real added value.
4. Take advantage of push notifications
With the Chatbot feature of Panierdachat, you can quickly catch your customer’s eye on promotions or offer gift ideas to your customers.
5. Personalize your holiday packaging
At Christmas, unwrapping presents is a real ritual!
Use memorable packaging to mark the spirit of your customers who will associate a positive emotion with your brand by helping to create a warm atmosphere.
Here are a few recommendations:
- All the attention is good to give: add a personal touch with a handwritten personalized note
- Why not add a photo of your team to create a feeling of closeness
- Add a sticker with your festive logo
- Offer an ecological packaging in line with your brand values
- Vistaprint offers a whole bunch of ideas for this
6. Gift Cards
Offer e-gift cards, an additional option for the undecided or latecomers, will allow you to generate sales until the last minute.
This season, gift cards have become very popular. According to Mediapost, 19% expect to buy more gift cards compared to 2019.
7. Think about After Christmas
The post-holiday period is an opportunity to propose flash sales in order to liquidate your unsold items to renew your products and collections for the New Year.
Bonus: Double the performance
To always offer the most powerful e-commerce platform, Panierdachat multiplies its number of servers tenfold during this period so that all online stores can accommodate the maximum number of visitors without slowdown or error.